Please submit your Curriculum Vitae along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the following positions.
1. Director, Outreach Base
Director, Outreach Base
Christ Methodist Church, as part of its strategy to strengthen its 5 core ministry bases, seeks to hire a full-time Director for Outreach Base (D/OB) to assist and support our base directors (or pastors) to manage, coordinate & implement the pastoral ministry work and activities of assigned ministries.
This position will be to assist and support the Pastor-In-Charge (PIC) and Executive Director in the area of outreach. The candidatemust be a Christ-centered team player who is capable of leading and directing local outreach opportunities for the church. This person must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, and motivational skills. He / she should be a self-starter, emotionally intelligent, and humble. The person must be equipped with a working knowledge of events planning, program management, and communication.
Roles & Responsibilities
The D/OB will report to the Executive Director for day-to-day administrative issues and will work with the PIC to overseeing the work of the Outreach base.
Job Description and Duties
The D/OB will head the Outreach Department will be responsible to work towards fulfilling the following:
- Strategize, plan and manage both long term and short term evangelistic outreach & missions efforts for the congregation
- Assist in budget planning, reviews and reporting for all outreach-related budgets
- Help leaders develop a healthy outreach and missional culture (DNA) in the church
- Plan and oversee all new believers care and follow up with the relevant teams
- Recruit, manage, and train volunteers in outreach-related ministries, including missions
- Identify, equip and develop logistical and spiritual outreach leaders for the future while encouraging current leaders and assisting in their continued development
- Develop relationships with other relevant organisations to encourage and explore outreach potential for a more effective and active outreach program
- Stay up to date on current best practices in church missiology, outreach and evangelism
- Actively participate as a member of the following committees:
- Christian Outreach Social Concerns Committee
- Missions Committee
- Witness & Evangelism Committee
- Work with the Youth Pastor and Children’s Pastor to develop strategies for reaching new families
- Any other duties assigned by the Pastor-in-Charge / ED
Competencies and Qualities
- A personal vibrant and growing commitment to Jesus and models Christ-like servant leadership
- Must be caring, yet discerning and be sensitive to meet the needs of the congregation
- Diplomatic, productive, and positive people skills
- Can lead, thrive and mentor in a team-based environment
- Ability to motivate, empower people (staff and volunteers) and develop volunteers in ministry
- Demonstrates a heart in building community and reaching the lost
- Concise and effective communication skills and can handle conflict constructively and graciously
- Demonstrates a firm grasp of Missiology in both understanding and application
- Keen awareness of community and outreach trends, issues and resources
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Theological Studies.
Experience working in Missions or Social Services Organisations.
At least 15 years of relevant working experience in a church or relevant organisation with more than 1,000 members or volunteers.
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.